Monday, June 9, 2008

The Wedding

I know all of this life story at once can be killer, but I figure these are important events in our life and since it is our blog we can do as we will, but I seem to be the one doing all the blog work. I asked Michelle to write this portion, but she said it would take a long time and I am so much better at writing than she. I don't think its true, but I don't want to wait a year to get it done.
May 2,2008 was as beautiful as could be. The few days before had been rainy and cold, but that day the sun was shinning and although it was on the cool side I thought it was great. Since Michelle had lived in Holliday for a couple of years now and had been attending the Jordan River Temple we decided to go against the norm and get married there. It was great to have all of our family members there, except for my sister Becky who had her baby the day before in AZ, at the temple. Afterwards it was great to see all of the girls in their pink dresses. I was proud of myself for picking out such good looking attire for the occasion. That is right, I was the one who chose the girls dresses. I have the vision as Michelle would say. The sun still shone bright for our pictures. In fact it was so bright I got a little sunburn on my face from all the light.




After the wedding we had a great luncheon put on by the Martins, but paid for by my parents. My parents felt bad that they couldn't do much living out of the state, but I assured them that the Martins love to help out and they had this kind of thing down. There was no set program, but we heard some great things and stories from our family members.

That evening was one of the most beautiful receptions I have ever seen. Carol Martin, Michelle's Mom, dream had come true and we had a reception in her backyard. The flowers were blooming and there were these two trees on either side of the fountain that just blossomed. Everything looked great. From our pictures the food looked good too. I didn't really get any, but I hear that is common at your own reception.


I loved it all, but was glad to get it over with. We have a few pictures on the blog, but be sure and check out all of our pictures on the link listed on the right side of our blog. It will take you to all of the pictures our photographer took for us.


3 comments:

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

yeah youre married! congrats! you'll love it. now we need to find rachael a hunk to marrys.

Nettie Martin said...

Yes. . . Carol's dream did come true. It was SO BEAUTIFUL. This last weekend my mom asked me where I wanted to have my reception.Haha...I still have a few steps to go before I can even think about that but I did chuckle =)

Jill said...

Two things:
Amazing Pictures! I hope you appreciate how good your photographer was.
Secondly, amazing couple. I am so happy for you two!