Sunday, June 8, 2008

Introduction

Since the rest of the world is keeping track of itself over the Internet, why shouldn't we. I figure we might as well give it a try and if it doesn't work out then we can quit. Let's start with introductions.

I am Andrew Cardon, a 27 year old born in Phoenix, AZ but at the age of 13 moved to Gilbert, AZ. I served a mission in Padova, Italy where I had the time of my life in a beautiful place. I attended BYU Provo and graduated in 2006 with my Bachelors of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science. While in my last semester of college I moved from Provo to Salt Lake City where I ended up getting a job at LDS Hospital working in the Hematology/Chemistry Departments working 7 days on then 7 days off in the evenings. Recently I moved to the Intermountain Medical Center Central Lab working days, but still 7 days on, 7 days off. I have four sisters and one brother. I love to sing. I ended up singing in two choirs each year in high school, two years at BYU, half a year at the U of U, and then several years in various community choirs. I ran cross country and played volleyball in high school. Although I ran in high school I have lost the habit and have found it isn't easy to get back. Volleyball is still one of my favorite things to do, but it rarely happens anymore. I have also, more recently, found that I no longer look like I did nine years ago while in high school. People say I have filled out. I think it is there way of saying I have gained weight. How sad.

Michelle Marie (Martin) Cardon is a 29 year old born in Provo, UT, but her parents currently live in Orem, UT. They always said they would get out of the BYU bubble. They made it real far. Michelle attended BYU Provo and graduated in 2001 with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. While at BYU she took the time to travel to several countries including Guatemala and Jerusalem. She began working at UVRMC in their pediatric unit, and then moved to Holliday transferring to PCMC to work in the Same Day Surgery Department. After several years she decided to go back to school, move to part time work and transfer back to UVRMC while remaining in Holliday. On May 1, 2008 she graduated with her Masters of Nurse Practitioner in Pediatrics and is currently trying to decide what job to take since so many people want her. The only question is how far does she want to travel, and will she find the time to study and pass boards? She can do it. Michelle loves to do things outdoors. She loves to hike, road bike, run, play tennis, have pool day, and so many more things. Besides traveling during college she has also loved to travel on her days off of work. In fact she has seen most of the United States and many of our Nations surrounding Tropical Islands. She is going to find it hard to work full time after having so much free time. She comes from a family with eight children. She is number three. She has five sisters and two brothers whom she loves a ton.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew, I was so pleased to read your blog. This is the first I had heard of your marriage, and I am absolutely overcome with joy! The very best blessing to you and michelle!
Bishop Jerry Jackman

Jill said...

Ummm....I think you forgot to mention that I am her favorite sister with her favorite neices and nephews!