Monday, June 9, 2008

Puerto Penasco, Mexico - The Honeymoon

Otherwise known as Rocky Point, Mexico by those from Arizona. I don't know why because I don't think it is a literal translation. It doesn't matter, but this place was great. It is like a little paradise just hours (four hours driving from Phoenix, AZ) from the United States border. We stayed in this great resort right on the beach. For very little money a night we got a one bedroom, one bathroom condo with full kitchen and living room, and an ocean view balcony. Since we were there at the end of the off season as well as during the week, we had the whole place to ourselves. I am serious, there wasn't a soul around.


One of the highlights of our trip was a Fiesta Cruise Dinner which was suppose to include a two hour boat ride during sunset and dinner. We got it for free. Well, we had to spend three hours of our lives to get it, and that's another story, but once again no cash involved. The cruise ended up being as ghetto as could be, but the sunset was beautiful and one of the couples shared some fireworks with us. It turned out to be a great adventure.





Other than relaxing every day we ate a lot of food. There are some good places to eat if you go around town. We looked up several places on the Internet to see what people recommended as well as asked the natives. I don't think we were disappointed at any place. For dinner one evening we ordered a seafood platter. They said it would feed two, but they didn't mention after the two of you ate there would still be enough food for two more dinners. It was huge, but tasty.




While there Michelle and I worked on our tennis game. We soon found out that we have a lot of work to do and I don't think we will be going professional any time soon.


I definitely think we will return to vacation there again. We didn't know what to expect at first, but it turned out to be wonderful. Maybe we will buy a vacation home there. I think that would be nice.



8 comments:

markandkimcaldwell said...

I love the blog and am so excited to kep tabs on you. Thanks for inviting us last night.

The DeWitt House said...

I love the Blog and when you guys buy that vacation home at the resort I am so Totally there!!!! It looks so fun and relaxing! =)
I need a vacation!!!

Emily Ferrell said...

Andrew- I love your blog. Your honeymoon place looks beautiful. Maybe we could vacation with you guys there sometime. Will you post pictures of your apartment and your wonderful paint job. I never did see the pictures Michelle brought to Arizona.

Nettie Martin said...

LOVE these pictures- I hadn't seen any yet and Puerto Penasco looks FANTASTIC- minus that sick out picture of your free meal on the booze cruise...uh I mean sunset cruise =)

Tim said...

andy p!

thanks for making a blog. i have found this to be the best way to keep in touch with my friends. wedding looked great and you two make a great couple.

The Burtons said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Rocky Point, my family has been going every year for over 12 years. I'm so glad you have a blog now.

Jill said...

I'm sorry but the tennis pictures crack me up! I am jealous of your honeymoon. We had 2 nights in the milk house up at the Homestead. Certainly not Mexico, certainly not ghetto cruise dinner but truthfully....does it really matter?

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Puerto Penasco, Mexico - The Honeymoon" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com