Thursday, June 19, 2008

Is Teddy a nice Dog?

You might be wondering why the question. Well while Michelle's parents are out of the country they asked the Woolley grandparents to look after Teddy, the dog, until Tina gets back into the country. One of Michelle's Mom's requests was for us to get his, teddy's, hair cut. I set up an appointment with PETCO like I was asked, but when Michelle went to take him they said he had to have a current rabies vaccination, which turned out to be a year overdue. Because you have to wait two days for the vaccination to be valid after being administered we had to get the shot that day. Nettie stopped by and ended up coming with us on the adventure.

On the way to the Vet's Michelle was talking about how smart Teddy is. He just has this sense of those who might hurt him, or just do something he doesn't like. We walked into the pet store and passed a few patrons with out any response from Teddy. A few seconds later one of the workers walks by and Teddy begins to growl and bark. Teddy knew what was coming you could see it as he shook at the thought of what was going to happen. After about fifteen minutes of waiting we were called back to the exam room. We just stood there for a few minutes talking before the tech came in to get a little information. As soon as she walked in, I don't think Teddy even saw her, Teddy began to growl. How does he do it? It was at that point we decided we should put on the muzzle. Teddy looked pretty good in it it. We should buy one for around the house.


After another twenty minutes of waiting the Vet finally comes in. Teddy begins to growl while the Vet asks, "Is Teddy a nice dog?" We explain that he is as long as you aren't a weird stranger, Vet, Groomer, Vet Tech, or any other person that he might think will annoy him. That list has included every single one of us because I know he has gotten mad at all of us at some point in time, we just know to stand back and let him be. The Vet was very nice and although Teddy growled and barked a little I was there to comfort him and keep him still. Nettie helped a little, and Michelle took pictures, but I think I held it all together. All in all the experience was good. I just wish that I could be there for when he gets his haircut. Those groomers better watch out.


Just a little side note, over the last week I have heard that having a dog is a lot like having a child and I think I want one, a dog that is, not the child, yet.

3 comments:

markandkimcaldwell said...

I don't remember if it's Teddy or Melon that growls at me. Now I'm trying to figure out what category I fit into.

Nettie Martin said...

SURVEY SAYS: Teddy IS a NICE dog.

David and Amy said...

Hey you guys! We saw that you had a blog on your facebook account and loved seeing everything you've been up to. Keep it up, we'll be checking back often!
We have a blog at daveandamychoules.blogspot.com
Keep in touch!
Dave and Amy Choules :)