Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friends, Family, and the Great Outdoors

The title explains it all. Today was spent with friends and family in the outdoors. Jill's family was down from Oregon for a family reunion in Aspen Grove and they finished this morning so Michelle, Dy, and I decided to go down and spend some time with her and the kids. The day was just beautiful so we had to spend a little time outside. Mother Martin wanted to take the kids to Bridalveil Falls. We enjoyed the walk up to the falls while the kids used their scooters. There were a good amount of kids wading in the water and just having a lot of fun. Some of the other kids were collecting bugs so Lizzy had to join in. On our way back to the car I got my chance to ride the scooter. I think I just might by myself one. It was so much fun to race little Andrew back and forth while we waited for the women to make their way back.





Our second outdoor excersion was up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Shan and Jed decided to plan a campout with a bunch of friends. It was really great to get together with just a few of our friends around the area. We all prepared tin foil dinners which took a little while to cook because of some coal problems, but it wasn't a big deal for me to wait because I had eaten four other meals before I got up the canyon. I just can't help myself on the days I have off. I can see why I have filled out so much. Anyway we had a blast talking about old flames, being preagnant (not me, but a few of the girls..... Not my wife), and all the funny things that have happened in our lives. When we all get together there isn't a quiet moment. I was surprised that no one came to complain, but I am glad they didn't because it would have ruined the wonderful moment. Actually we did have one interruption. Did you know that if you bring a domesticated animal past the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon you will be fined 600 dollars the first time and if caught again you go to jail? Crazy! I am glad I now know because I don't want to go to jail, but I am sure after the first time of paying 600 dollars I wouldn't do it again.



Shan and Jed made some great cobbler to go along with all the other junk food that was brought. There was no way that anyone was going to starve. Michelle and I had to leave that night because she had to be at work the next morning, but it was nice to be able to come home and sleep in our own beds. That is why it is so great living where we do. You can drive a half an hour away and be in the mountains and then come back in no time to civilization. I can't wait till our next outdoor adventure.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Well Andrew & Michelle, my kiddos were thrilled to be on the world wide web and Andrew thinks your site is, "So Cool....cause it has my name!" Looks like you guys had fun!

Lucy said...

Thanks for letting me know about your blog! I love to read people's blogs and keep up on their goings on. I can't promise Scott will read it, because he's terrible about that kind of thing, but I tell him about what I read. Hope everything is going well!

Emily Ferrell said...

That is my idea of camping. Eating great food and having fun and then going home to sleep in your own bed. I would actually go camping if that is what it was really like. I sent you a link to our new blog. Let me know if you got it.

Nettie Martin said...

Thanks for posting the picture of my fingered bangs. They are the SICKEST! Friday was a ton of fun!

markandkimcaldwell said...

I absolutely love it! Way to update. Will you forward the picts from camping to me please? Thanks. Can't wait for the next six weekends of fun.

The Burtons said...

Hey, that's my kind of camping! Enjoy the nature by day, using your own toilet and in your own bed by night. Perfect!