Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Place

I would say that one of the most exciting things about being married is getting a place together. Now I have seen a few of the places that my friends and family members had when they first got married, and have even heard the stories from the grandparents about their first place and I have to say that ours is pretty good for the price. It is barely enough room for all we have, but it will allow us to save for a house while we decide where we will end up over the next year.



It is a one bedroom, one bathroom basement apartment in Taylorsville, Utah about 4900 South and 1400 West. We consider ourselves still on the east side because we are east of Redwood Road, but we are pretty much on the border. The kitchen and living room are all connected so it seems like a big space. The bedroom is somewhat large, and the bathroom is a good size. The best part about it is it has a laundry room with a washer and dryer. I think it makes it all worth it. Over the first few weeks of moving in we decided to splurge a little and make at least one room look good. We chose the living room since it is the one everyone will see the most.


Michelle and I have become good at spending money, but I think it is worth it. We were going to hold off on buying new couches, but we couldn't wait. Actually Michelle was the one that wanted to wait, but she gave in. We haven't got the new couches or coffee table yet, but we hope in two weeks they will be here. We are still making a few adjustments, but I think it is coming along quite nicely. As soon as everything is put in its place I will post more pictures.




10 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Nice paint job. I can't believe you are buying new couches and you haven't even been married 2 months. I have been married for almost 10 years and I have still never bought new couches (or even old couches). You are sure spoiled.

Robbie said...

Apartment = cute.
Couple = love you guys.
Wedding Pics = beautiful.
Honeymoon = so fun!

We wished we could have been there!
Hooray for blogs!

Unknown said...

Way cute place! And I think I'm offended that I had to find out that you had a blog from Dy and Bret's blog!!!

Robbie said...

UM....sweet TV. That is all I have to say!

Cami said...

Andrew! Congrats on the whole getting married thing. Being married is seriously the best and it really does get better all the time. Okay, your apartment looks great, but I have to know something. Where did you get the redish and yellowish vase on the shelf to the left of your tv? I love them!

Jess said...

I LOVE your place! It's so adorable. Nettie gave me your blog, I hope you don't mind. I hope everything is going GREAT for you guys! I miss you! I just got a blog, and I'm still new, but feel free to check it out. Hopefully I will see you sometime soon! Loves

Kyle and Megan said...

No way, we have the same bed sheets! Good taste man. Happy to see you're still alive in your own place and all. Andrew, I believe you owe me some pictures still...

Jill said...

You guys are so domesticated and your choice of colors...presh! So glad someones comment on the blog was "sweet TV!" Yep, I will take that one with a big smile!:)

Jen Hakes said...

Andrew, I love how excited you are for decorating your home! It is a passion of mine, so much fun! Love to swap tips sometime!
Jennifer and Jason Hakes

Nicole said...

You guys are living one of my childhood dreams...being newly married and living in a basement apartment! Another dream was working at the A&W, wearing tangerine frosting lipgloss and coming home to my husband who would play John Denver songs and serenade me every night! (that one was from visiting Aunt Mimi and Uncle Kelly)