Sunday, June 8, 2008

How We Met

Now because I can be a little long winded and I want to get as much in to catch everyone up on our lives I decided to break up these first few parts into sections. Here is the story of how Michelle and I met.
The story goes beyond the first time we met. My best friends, Ben and Debbie, are married to each other and moved up to Kaysville, UT from Arizona a few years ago. Debbie has a cousin named Kim. Kim is married to Mark. Kim was roommates with the Martin sisters and Mark is the Martin sister's cousin. It was suggested initially that I take Nettie Martin out on a blind date, before it could be set up, Julie, Debbie's Mom, met Michelle Martin at Kim's Mom's wedding, and decided that Michelle would be a better match for me. With Julie's deciding word the blind date was set for April 21, 2007. I had a choir concert so Ben and Debbie, Kim and Mark, and Michelle came to watch me. Michelle had the advantage of being able to see me first before I saw her, but since I was in a tux I figured I couldn't look that bad. Afterwards we played games and had ice cream. It was a pretty laid back night, but the two of us didn't have a lot of time to talk. The next day I asked Kim for Michelle's number. Our second date was lunch at Macaroni Grill, our third was hiking, and they kept going from there. Because of my work schedule and here schooling we only really got to see each other every other week, and talk on the phone the rest of the time. I met and loved her family and they loved me as well as the other way around. After ten months of a lot of ups, a few downs, traveling, and having fun it was time to settle down and stop being a menace to society. That blind date proved to be well worth it.

2 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

Are you SO GLAD for Debbie? hahaha... I always chuckle thinking that they wanted to originally set you and me up- because you and Michelle are SO PERFECT for each other. So excited for the blog!

Jill said...

She came to Oregon right after your first date and couldn't stop talking about you. I remember when you happened to call her one night while she was visiting us and she got so excited, jumped up and ran into the living room to have a "quiet" conversation with you (while myself, Andrew, Lizzie & Sophie listened in.) Truthfully, I had never seen her so excited about a boy and knew you must be something special. And I was sure right. We are the luckiest family in the world to have Andrew. Michelle, you are a real diamond and finally found your match!