Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Picking


I have been dying to take Drew to a pumpkin patch.  He loves life and especially loves doing new things.  Andrew was just going to take him by himself since I was on bed rest but I really wanted to go.  On Friday, since Dyana, Bracken, Leah, Chelsea, and my parents were here to help me with all of my housework, we decided to go.  The neighbor down the street has a huge pumpkin patch.  For the last few weeks, I have seen tons of people there picking out their pumpkins in the field.  




We walked down to the field.  There were corn stalks, hay, and pumpkins everywhere.  You could pick one by yourself out in the field or you could pick one that was already picked.  We got out wagon and out to the field we went.  Sometimes, actually most of the times, I think that the Martin adults have more fun then the kids.  Drew and Bracken did have a blast.  Bracken picked out his little pumpkin within the first few seconds of being there.  He was so proud of it.  Drew also picked out one but it was a little bit too big for him to carry on his own.  Andrew and I also found us the perfect pumpkin.  We were so excited.


















Dyana bought hers and it was one dollar.  In my head, I was like, what a great deal this place is but then the girl told me that our 3 pumpkins would be 12 dollars.  I was blown away but handed her the money.  We had a great time picking out our pumpkins and can’t wait to carve them.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love Drew picked a pumpkin he couldn't lift! What a fun neighborhood you live in!