Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bedrest Update







At 30 weeks when I was put on bedrest my doctor told me I only had to go to 37 weeks before she would deliver the baby, unless he came early on his own.  I wasn’t sure if I could make it 7 weeks since it was hard enough for the week I was on it before being admitted to the hospital with Drew.  Well, I am happy to say that I am now 34 weeks and 3 days.  I am surviving bedrest pretty well.  I must admit that I have cheated a little here and there because it is so hard for me to sit still, as you can read in some of my other posts, but what I am doing is helping a lot.  Last week we had a repeat ultrasound and the baby is still growing normally.  It was such a relief to hear the doctor say that everything looked good.  They estimated that he weighed approx 4 pounds 8 ounces (almost a pound bigger then Drew when he was born).    I am scheduled to have the baby on:

October 24th at Noon.   

I will be 37 weeks and 1 day.  The doctor is very pleased with my blood pressure.  She is always saying that my body loves bedrest.  I had to laugh because the first week of bedrest I lost 8 pounds of water.  Unfortunately since then, I have gained it all back.  Andrew says it is from all of his good cooking.  He does make wonderful breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and desserts.  My family has been amazing during this time.  They are so willing to help out in any way.  My house has never been so clean, thanks mom and dad.   Drew loves all of the time he gets to spend with his grandparents, cousins, and aunts.  My ward and co-workers have also been bringing in meals which are so helpful.  This relieves a lot of pressure.  Thanks everyone for your love and support.  I think I just might make it to 37 weeks.

No comments: