Friday, October 14, 2011

Fun with the Ferrell's, BYU, and Witches Too!

I know it seemed like they were just here, but Emily and Ryan made another trip up to Utah for their Fall break.  For Emily's birthday Ryan bought her plane tickets to fly to and from Utah by herself.  She was able to come up a few days early without the kids and then Ryan drove with the girls to and from Utah.  I had to work some of the days they were here, but we were able to do a few things together. The day before Emily was leaving we headed down to Provo to hang out with Emily and Rachael.

Our first stop was at the Museum of Paleontology located just West of the Stadium.  The first time I visited this place was a year after I graduated.  I was taking a group of Japanese kids around campus for a trip they were on and we had a scavenger hunt that had us go to different places on campus.


It was interesting to see how they wrap the bones to be transferred and stored.  Drew was interested in looking at the fake dinosaur located by the window.  We had a hard time trying to keep his hands off of all the different bones, but it didn't help that I was just as interested in touching them.





The girls insisted that we take pictures on the Cougar located next to the football stadium.  I don't know why we never did this when I was a kid visiting with my family.  It makes for such a nice picture.  The only other picture I have next to the Cougar is right after I graduated from BYU.  We hope that bringing him to the Y at such a young age will persuade him to attend there when he gets older.



When we got to campus we decided to play a few games at the arcade.  Ski ball is an easy enough game to play.  Drew and Alexis can't quite throw the balls far enough to go in the holes, but it was fun to watch them try.  I then thought I would go back in time to the days I could play DDR, but I failed terribly.  I don't think the game was even working.  Something was wrong with the sensors because I wasn't getting any of them right.

One of the girls favorite things to do when they visit BYU is to go bowling in the WILK.  Drew had his first try at bowling.  We let him have a turn a little later in the game because we were afraid he would want to keep bowling even when it wasn't his turn.


Before dinner we decided to visit Gardner Village to see some of the witches.  We thought the girls would enjoy little shops and all the people in their witch outfits and other costumes.


To finish up the night we headed back to our house to have dinner.  The time went by too fast, but that is how it goes.  They were soon on their way back to Provo and then Arizona.  We enjoyed the visit and will be seeing them in Arizona when we go down there for Christmas.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so excited to see you and your family at Christmas time!!!!!