Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our First Christmas

Christmas 2008

Christmas Eve was perfect. My parents made a wonderful meal including steak, potatoes, shrimp, salad, and corn. It was delicious. After dinner my mom gave a beautiful Christmas lesson. It was the mother’s perspectives of their amazing sons and husband. It included the Mother of Mary, Mary, Elizabeth, Inn Keeper’s wife, and Joseph’s mom. It was really touching. It made me realize that these people were ordinary people doing what they had been taught to do. We sang a song in between each story. It was very touching. Next, we did the sibling gift exchange. Tina had us. She bought me two pair of earrings and a snow sled. It was the perfect gift. We had Tina and earlier in the day she had picked out a shirt and a pair of shoes. It was hard for me to do any shopping this year. I just could not find the perfect gifts for anyone.

One thing that was different is that we did not have our grandparents with us. They wanted to keep things simple this year and so they decided on a schedule to see each family. They spent Christmas Eve with my Aunt Kathy, Christmas morning with our family, afternoon with Tom and Millie, and the evening with my Uncle Rick. They decided they were too old to have the traditional Christmas dinner. The grandkids were devastated and decided that next year we will be in charge of the meal.

Christmas Eve was complete with everyone in the family but Jill and Brian and their kids. They might not have there physically but we were able to see them via skyp. They are all getting so big. It was fun to see all of their excitement. One thing that is so cute is that Ethan loves talking to grammy and papa. Even when the computer is off, he will go over to it and start talking to papa. He then gets very upset when papa does not answer. Also, he thinks that we can see him through the phone. On Christmas morning while he was talking to grammy, he was taking her on a tour to show her all of his toys. He is so stink’ in cute. We had so much fun talking with one another.


Everyone woke up early Christmas morning to a wonderful breakfast prepared by my dad. Grandma and Grandpa Woolley came to enjoy the Christmas excitement. It was fun to have everyone there. We all opened our presents from one another. It was a wonderful first Christmas with Andrew. He gave me the perfect gift: tennis lessons and winter boots. I surprised him with snow clothes and socks. It was great.
Every year my Aunt Kelly has us over for Christmas lunch. This year was fantastic. We spent hours visiting with family and eating wonderful food prepared by Kelly and Daniel. It was the perfect way to spend Christmas. Family is so important and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to hear from you guys again. Funny, I know the heart patient you are talking about. I work with his wife. Hope you are loving being an NNP!

Katey said...

I love all the pictures...especially Michelle's face in the last one! :)

B Flat Major said...

What a way to spend Christmas - getting someone's hopes up and then disappointing them again. Glad you had a good holiday, Michelle!

Nettie Martin said...

It was pretty perfect wasn't it?

McKenzie said...

Merry Christmas!!! I'm glad you guys had a great one.