Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Building Christmas with the Maxfields

Cardon Christmas Family Night 2008

Since Andrew and I would be spending Christmas this year at my family’s house, we decided that we wanted to do a little something special with his family member in Utah. We decided to make dinner for everyone and then make gingerbread houses. We all meet at Christin and Andy’s house for dinner. Andrew made Italian chicken, rice, rolls, and salad for the meal. It was delicious. After dinner, we cleared the tables and brought out all of the stuff for gingerbread houses. Christin bought everything you could ever think of putting on a gingerbread house. Each person was able to design and build their own gingerbread house. Andrew jumped right in and helped Kate with her gingerbread house. This left me to design our house by myself. Good thing I had done many of these when I was younger. I had to laugh because all of the adults were still working on their projects long after the kids had finished. We each wanted to have ours just perfect. Afterwards, Christin shared a spiritual thought about Christmas as we let the count down candle burn. It was such a fun night.



1 comment:

McKenzie said...

I love making gingerbread houses! Although this year when we tried to do it Luke was pretty much on his own. I blamed being so useless on the pregnancy!