Sunday, December 21, 2008

Candice Anne Martin what a blessing

Candice Anne Martin 2008

The weekend before Christmas, my parents, Nettie, Tina, Chelsea, Andrew, and I drove up to Ashton, Idaho to see Cameron and Rachel bless their little daughter Candice. The ride was a little bit treacherous and I debated if I should go or not. I am terrified of winter driving. There was a really bad accident by Willard bay in Ogden but once we got through that the roads were fairly good. We arrived to JoAnn’s mansion just after 10 p.m. We went to bed and woke up early Sunday morning to a hot breakfast.

Candice is the cutest thing ever. It is hard to tell who she looks like. She does not have the “Martin” look. Rachel has her on a wonderful schedule and she is always content and happy. I don’t think that she has been put down since we have been with her. She is so cute.

The blessing was beautiful. Jason, Rachel’s brother, also blessed their little girl Abby. She looks just like her mom and sister. Both girls were perfect during the blessing and looked beautiful. My mom made Candice’s blessing dress. It was so pretty. I told my mom she better start making the dresses now because once the babies start coming, I am afraid that it is not going to stop.

After the blessing, we went to a truck stop restaurant and the whole family came for a luncheon. Renee worked so hard. She made cheese balls, roast, potatoes, a variety of green and fruit salads, rolls, and a variety of desserts. The food was amazing and I was so full that I could hardly move after the meal. Rachel’s real dad’s grandma, uncle, and their spouses also came to the blessings. They got into contact with them last year when Jason attempted to do the temple work on them. He contacted this Uncle who lives in Winnemucca to find out the death dates of his grandparents. The uncle told him that his grandma was still alive in Texas. They got into contact and meet them for the first time this last summer. They then invited them to the blessing and they came. They were very nice. I love Rachel’s family and feel like they are also my family. We are very close to them.

One funny story is about my dad’s suit coat. My dad left his suit coat at the restaurant and did not realize it. We had already left to drive back to Utah and one of Rachel’s cousin found the coat. She went up to Rachel and said, “I found Glenn’s coat.” Rachel was like, how do you know it is his. The cousin said, because it smells like him. I think that is so funny that even people who have only meet my dad a few times still know his smell. They are a wonderful family and I am glad that I know them.

3 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

Look at all those pictures of you two with the babies and kids. You guys look like naturals!

markandkimcaldwell said...

When Mark read this post his first comment was "Whatever she totally has the Martin look. She's a spitting image of Cameron! She's my uncle Glen in a little girls body"

McKenzie said...

You do look like naturals around all those kids!