Sunday, November 9, 2008

Domestic?..........YES!!!!!! Part 2 The Bosch

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Well….now it is official…..I am domestic! This weekend I purchased a Bosch mixing machine. I have only had it for two day but have already fallen in love with it. Yesterday, I made my Grandma Woolley’s famous homemade wheat bread. I cooked it a little long but it still tastes delicious. My grandma warned me that if I started to make bread, I would just end up giving most of it away. Well, she is right. I made five loaves and only have one loaf left. I did not realize how easy it could be to make bread. Kneading the bread is the hardest thing but this machine does that part for you. I also bought a 35 pound bucket of wheat at the store but now need to get a wheat grinder. That might have to wait until my birthday.

This morning I woke up and made cinnamon rolls. They turned out okay. I used a new recipe and think I will continue to use my old recipe. I took some to a few of our neighbors and then the rest to Kim and Mark’s house for the party after the baby blessing. It has been a fantastic weekend. I am excited to make new things and am open for any suggestions.

As many of you know, my dream is to have my own quilting/craft store. Well, I am one step closer to fulfilling that dream. I have also started to make little baby booties. I bought an assortment of colors and have spent hours doing this little project. After I made the last few sets, I decided to take a break and finish another project I have been working on for approximately 7 years, a crocheted blanket. I joked with Andrew that as soon as this project was done, I was ready to have a baby. He told me that I could not finish this project yet.

5 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

FINISH THE BLANKET!!!! PLEASE =)
As for the dream about owning your own quilt and craft store? Maybe you should pick another dream to fulfill? Haha. . .JK! You're the bayest!

Nicole said...

Love the bosch! It is easy to make bread with a bosch...you've inspired me to get to work and make some bread. I love the booties and the blanket...is there anything you can't do!

Katey said...

I might have to agree with Nettie on picking a new dream! ;)

I love the little booties, they are so cute. Hope you get that blanket finished soon too.

markandkimcaldwell said...

I thought I had already won the blanket!!! I too am surprised by your dream. When did you decide that??

McKenzie said...

Wow Michelle!! I am very impressed! I got a kitchen-aid for Christmas and it is still waiting for it's first initiating use.