Monday, July 9, 2012

Bear Lake

So it it was time for our annual Bear Lake trip with Michelle's side of the family.  Kim and Mark were up in Bear Lake a few days before, using her mother's time share, which is next to our normal group of condos, and they asked if we wanted to come up early too.  I had to teach my Sunday school lesson, but we decided we could head out after church and make it for dinner.  This year on the drive up we decided to go through Logan instead of Evanston,WY.  I think it seemed shorter and it was a nice drive through the canyon and going past Utah State University.  I think we might try it again next year.  We met up with Kim and Mark and had a great spaghetti and meatball dinner.

On Monday morning we enjoyed playing in the park while we waited for the pool to open and then spent a little time swimming while we waited till we could check in next door at our reunion site.  Most of the rest of the afternoon was waiting for people to arrive and then hanging out with each other.

Tuesday was a beach day and both Drew and Braeden loved the sand.  We did try to keep Braeden in the grass and shade as much as possible so he wouldn't burn, but mostly because he has a hard time keeping the sand out of his mouth.

Wednesday morning we held the first Woolley 5k Fun Run/Walk.  Below is a picture of all of the participants.  Michelle used our kids as an excuse not to do it, but I wasn't allowed to back out. I hadn't been running in a long time so I was worried I wouldn't make it, but I ended up coming in second place.  I didn't break any records, but I was glad I didn't have to stop and walk.  It is sad to think I use to run all the time when I was younger.  Well, that's what 12 years and 45 pounds does to you.  The rest of the day was spent at the beach and then our annual talent show.  For the second time in a row I didn't have my recorder to play.  I will have to locate it at home for next year.

Thursday morning came around and at breakfast I was feeling fine, but soon after I didn't feel good at all.  Some of the kids were sick when they arrived and I think I might have caught something from them, but who knows.  I spent most of the day laying down while Michelle hung out with everyone else at the beach.  After taking some medicine and sleeping I woke up feeling a little better so I decided to go get some dinner.  A few of us decided to go to the local play house and see a show.  They were playing El Bandito.  It was pretty funny as long as you could follow the jokes.  After the play was over I started to fell sick again, but I needed to pack up and head back home so I could go to work in the morning.  Michelle stayed back to spend one last day with everyone and a little more time with Jill and Brian who came down from Oregon.  The drive back wasn't too bad, but I was glad to be out of the car and in bed by the time I arrived home.

Other than being sick we had a great time.  I wish I had taken more pictures like I normally do, but oh well.  Each year at the end of the trip we cross our fingers that this won't be the last time that we all get together at Bear Lake.  Fortunately by Thursday morning Grandpa had already booked the condos for next year so it looks like we're not done yet.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great week of fun and family!

No comments: