Sunday, May 22, 2011

Surprise!...... It Was Bound to Happen Again.

I wish I had some great way to tell the world the news, but I lack the creativity of my friend Tim who announced it like this on his blog.  So I will just go ahead and say it..... We're Pregnant! Again.  Michelle is now 15 weeks along today so that puts her due on Nov. 13, 2011.  Over the last few weeks we have been trying to tell our family members in person as much as possible.  While we were down in AZ for my brother's wedding we told my parents and siblings, the last ones to know as usual.  We had our first appointment on the same day as Drew's 15 month appointment so it made for a long day.




To tell Michelle's siblings I sent them all the following video clip via text.  I started it off as just looking at the crazy spring and snowy winter we were having to throw them off.  It worked a little too well because some didn't even watch the video at first because they thought it was just a picture of snow.  I thank the show "Glee" for inspiring the song.  It was while Michelle was in Medford visiting her sister.  We were Skyping when they got the text and it was fun to be able to see their reactions.


For Michelle's parents we put a onsie with a picture of the ultrasound and a note that said, "Surprise, I'm Going to Be a Big Brother November 13, 2011" under Drew's shirt and when we went over to her parents for dinner we asked her mom to take off his shirt since we didn't bring a bib for him to wear.  She wasn't wearing her glasses so she didn't see the note, but then everyone started laughing so she put on her glasses and read the note.  Both her and Glenn were happy.  Michelle's brother Russell and his wife are due on November 1st.  That will make 5 new grand kids in one year.


For my family I decided to use the old, slip it into the conversation, method.  My family was sitting around talking about cars and minivans came into the conversation.  My sister mentioned how having a minivan was great after having her second child because it gave her so much room and they didn't feel cramped with the car seats so I mentioned if that was the case then Michelle and I would need to get one in November.  Everyone kind of laughed and my mom said "Is that an announcement or something." kind of jokingly.  She didn't expect me to say yes, it was true.



Michelle is feeling great so far.  She hasn't been sick at all this whole time.  The doctor will just watch her closely as she goes along to make sure and catch any signs of preeclampsia setting in.  She does have a higher risk of getting it again, but it doesn't always happen and it doesn't always happen in succession.  Since she feels so different everyone thinks its going to be a girl, but I always thought the sicker you felt the more likely it was to be a girl, not the other way around.  I guess we will find out in a few weeks.  Either way we are very excited to have another little one around the house and can't wait to see how our lives change.

6 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

So exciting! Congratulations!

Vicki said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm glad to hear Michelle hasn't been sick. Lucky girl! Hopefully that trend continues.

Nicole said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We can't wait to meet the newest addition this fall. (Andrew....I had all boys and I was SO SICK!!!)

Natalie said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Charlie is a November baby as well. :)

AmbertheGreat said...

yeah!!!! that is so exciting! congrats

The Burtons said...

Congrats! If it is a girl can I have her? :)