Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Mita

Juliette Veronique Amelie Peney Cardon
On the morning of January 4th of 2011, my grandmother Juliette Veronique Amelie Peney Cardon , known to me as Mita, passed away.  She was just over a month shy of turning 97 years of age.  She lived a long and good life.  I wish I had had more time to spend with her these last few years I have lived in Utah, but I am glad for all the moments I had with her growing up and the opportunity I took to see her when I visited and made sure to make sure my son met her and had pictures with her.  You should hear her life story sometime, her adventures meeting an American in Switzerland and then making her way to the States where she knew no English and had no friends, but had a large family, over 20 siblings, awaiting her that she had never met.  She was able to make a home and life and after nearly seventy years in the United States she still had the strongest French accent ever.  It’s one of the reasons she was so special and loved.  She will be deeply missed, but I know she is in a better place reunited with her husband Stanley.                  Je t’aime Mita.

No comments: