Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Blessing and an Anniversary

This weekend was one of the best ever. My parents were able to drive up a few days early to spend time with us ,and my sister Rachael, before the blessing. We didn't have too many plans, but managed to have fun together. We went to one of Michelle's favorite places to eat, Texas Roadhouse, and I made some mean hamburgers over at the Woolley's, and we made it to my parent's favorite spot to eat ice cream, Leatherby's. All of that stuff was great, but the main reason they came to visit was to see Drew and they got a good taste of that. Sunday came and it was a beautiful day outside, a little cold, but the sun was shining. Michelle and I took some pictures with Drew really fast before church started.




My sister Emily's husband, Ryan, and some of his family members, started a matching tie business, www.thematchingtieguy.com , and gave me a set of matching ties for us to wear. I think we looked very handsome.

The blessing and Sacrament meeting were beautiful, at least in my mind, and once they were over we invited everyone over to the Woolley's for a Mexican Fiesta. Before heading over my parents wanted a few quick shots with Drew and us.


We had quite the party over at the Woolley's and I don't think anyone went hungry. We don't let that happen on the Martin side. It was great to see so many family members together as well as friends, some of which had never seen Drew in real life.



We were able to finally get a shot of all three of the Martin grand kid boys that were born within just a few months of each other. Bracken and Nicholas are just over two weeks apart and Drew followed just under three months later. We can't wait till they are a little older and can hang out together and have fun.


My parents had to leave just a few hours after all of the festivities had finished. They wanted to break up the long drive back to Arizona. Before they left they wanted to get just a few more pictures with Drew. My dad wanted to make sure we had one with him holding Drew so he could prove he knew how to hold a baby.

It was fun to have my parents visit and I hope they had a good time.

The blessing day was certainly a special day for me, but what made it even better was Michelle and I were also celebrating our two year anniversary. What better way than to bless the best addition to our Eternal Family. We are looking forward to many more adventures ahead in the eternities to come.
Andrew and Michelle Cardon
May 2, 2008

1 comment:

Nettie Martin said...

Sad I wasn't there. . . I hate missing a party.