Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grandma Cardon Visitis

My mother came into town for a couple of days this past week to see Drew and help out where she could. It was her first time being able to see him in person and enjoyed every second of her trip. We spent most of our time just hanging out at our place talking, but we made a few trips to some of our favorite places.

We introduced Letherby's to my parents when they came to visit a few times ago and it has been a must for them ever since and made sure it was on our list of stops for some good ice cream. We made a trip to one of Rachael's basketball games and enjoyed watching her make a few three pointers. Of course my mom had to get some pictures with Drew to have proof that she really did see him.


We even sent her home with some so she could display them in her house and take one to her work.


We gave her an iPod Shuffle as an early Mother's Day gift and we think she really likes it. We had opened it and put some music on it for her before we gave it to her so she didn't have to worry to much about it and also so we could see if she would know how to use it. All that night she kept the earphones in even when she wasn't listening to anything. She wanted to make sure that they would work with her ears. Because it is Michelle's birthday this month we had a Tucano's coupon and decided to use it while my mom was still in town on her last day so she could experience one of our twice a year, for birthdays, traditions. Rachael and Amy joined us and we had a great time. I think my mom liked it a lot and I know my dad might be a little jealous that he wasn't there to partake of the good food.

All in all her visit was wonderful, but short. Lucky for her and the rest of my family we are making a trip down to Arizona in just over a week. We will see how it is to travel with a baby. Before I leave you I just wanted to post this picture of Drew in an outfit we just got thanks to Leonor. He was hungry at the time we wanted to take the pictures so he wasn't too happy, but either way he is cute.


3 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

Drew is so cute! He has changed so much! I'm glad you had so much fun with your Mom!

Nettie Martin said...

Don't interrupt feedings. . . that kid has a Martin appetite. And I'm seeing more and more of Andrew in these pictures.

Aubrey said...

Is baby Drew off oxygen? I'm not seeing it in these pictures. I think the babysitter needs some sort of announcement (text, call , email, blog post) if this has happened.