Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jazz it Up!!!

So I hope everyone is impressed that it hasn't been months since our last blogging experience and that you only have one post to read instead of a billion.


So Tuesday night Dy and Brett called to let us know that they were given four tickets to the Jazz game and wanted to know if we could go. I was suppose to be in a class till 7:20pm, but I cut out at 6:30pm and met Michelle to go to the game. since we were going to count it as a date night we decided to go fancy and pick up some Wendy's on the way there. Don't worry we brought our Fun cash with us so we could make sure to continue to stay within our new budget. We ended up being about a half hour late for the game, but they were in the end of the first quarter when we sat down. Our seats were row 27 the best I have ever had, not that I have been to a lot of games, but when you are use to sitting two rows from the very back of the upper section anything would be better. Unfortunately the Jazz lost by a few points, but we enjoyed hanging out with Dy and Brett all the same. As we finished our five mile trek back to the car Michelle noticed a pink envelope on the windshield. We got a parking ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant we didn't even know was there and for your information Michelle was the one that drove and parked. Needless to say $37 went down the drain. To celebrate our good fortune we decided that we would take a trip to San Francisco, CA to to see: WICKED and just have some fun. I have wanted to see it ever since Michelle introduced me to the music when we first met, with failed attempts to get tickets here in Salt Lake we decided to head out of town. That very night we purchased the tickets and that was that. Now we just have to figure out all that we are going to do the 4 days we will have in California. We don't want to do too much because we will be back in California two months later for a whole week in San Diego with Michelle's Family. We'll be sure to post about those adventures when the time comes. Other than that the only other thing is that if you noticed from the picture above I got glasses. Now according to the eye doctor I don't NEED the glasses or have to WEAR them because my vision is considered normal, but I am slightly near sided with a slight astigmatism that can make seeing at night, far away,or when I am tired a little problem and could bother me. Well, let me just say I am tired a lot and driving at night bothered me enough to pay to go to the doctor so I decided to get those fine glasses. Michelle came with me to help pick them out, but I ended up choosing the first pair I tried on. Although I don't need to wear them all the time the fact that people think I look smarter (maybe just in the right light), hotter (that's what Michelle says), and mature-er (I know hard to believe) gives me a little more reason to put them on, oh and the fact that things look clearer doesn't hurt either.

6 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

Smarter...yes
hotter...sure
mature-re...debateable

thanks for the post update. love you two.

Nettie

Katey said...

I am so so so so so so jealous about Wicked. I might have to hate you for just a small moment even!

McKenzie said...

Wow, I am impressed. One post at a time and only a month after the last batch! Way to go blogger-super-stars! I am extremely jealous of the Wicked trip. You will LOVE it!

Robbie said...

You have to tell us how you like (I mean love) Wicked. When we moved to Chicago, I ended up seeing Wicked like, 4 times. I saw it with Robbie, then with Karina when she came to visit, then with Robbie's fam when they came to see it, then with my sister when she came to visit. SO- yeah, that's a lot, but its still really amazing.

And sweet specs. :)

Jill said...

I need Andrew to call Brian and say,
"Hey, B, why don't you and Jill come down to San Fran with us." I know if it comes from Andrew it could work. I WANT TO COME!!!

Loved the post. Love the glasses. Love the presh parking ticket. Just so you know. Brian took me to a romantic piano recital up in Ashland in the woods at this private recital hall. Our gourmet restaurant meal prior: Wendy's. Some things in life never change.

The Burtons said...

Welcome to the glasses club! Maybe someday I can initiate you into the contacts club. It's super cool...