Friday, February 6, 2009

Beauty and the Beast

Andrew and I were able to see the production of Beauty and the Beast put on by Wood Cross High School. We were invited by one of the parents I work with in transplant. Her mother and mother-in-law were the directors and set managers and her little 5 year old daughter was in the play. The play was fantastic from start to finish.

There were a few bumps along the way- my favorite was the library scene were Belle is looking at a all of the books and the back drop came down late. I am amazed at their talent. I am grateful that they have amazing teachers who are willing to teach and coach them. Maddy was in several scenes including: the different town scenes as a little girl and also during the feast as an ice cube. She was so stinkin’ cute. You could tell she loved every minute of it. Her mom told me that from the minute she wakes up each day she begs her to take her to the high school for practice.

1 comment:

Nettie Martin said...

Okay. . . that picture of you as belle actually looks real! I was laughing so HARD...you should try out next time! I know you were a rock star as a sugar plum fairy but really. .. I think it's your time to shine!