Sunday, September 21, 2008

Did I hear..... Taco Party? IMPORTANT ALERT!!!!

IMPORTANT ALERT: Michelle wants you all to know that our Bear Lake Blog is at the bottom of the page because me, Andrew, didn't want to put it out of order..... Please let Michelle know you saw it. Thanks.......

So we have been meaning to have everyone over to see our place, but with life going on it has been a challenge getting the event together, but with the persuasion of Kim Caldwell we got the ball rolling and it finally happened.




With almost 30 people in attendance it was the most happening event on Sept. 13th on our block. In fact all of the ward members wondered what kind of event was going on that would bring so many young people to the neighborhood. To understand you would have to know that a large amount of people in our neighborhood are on the more mature side.





We ended up having the bulk of the party in Grandma and Grandpa Woolley's backyard. We appreciate them so much for always allowing us to either use or borrow their things. The theme of the party was Taco's. The menu consisted of 6lbs. of ground taco meat, a gallon of cheese sauce, refried beans, seven layer bean dip, chips, home made salsa, 9 avocado guacamole, Spanish rice, soft shells, hard shells, tostada shells, all the toppings, fruit, drinks, and of course dessert. There was plenty of food and I hope no one went home hungry because if they did it was their fault. If we had taken a picture of all the great food I would post it, but we didn't so you will just have to talk to everyone who was there to know just how good it all was.





We enjoyed just sitting around with good food, friends, and fun. As it got a little later we moved from the backyard to our place to give everyone the grand tour of our one bedroom one bathroom place. It was a little cramped and a little loud, but we managed. Of course no party is complete without Rockband and lets just say I was afraid all of the noise would make our landlord living above us crazy mad, but we didn't hear one complaint.






I had to wake up for work at 4am the next morning, but the party went on. I am glad that most everyone was able to make it and sad for those of you who couldn't. I liked it so much that we are sure to plan another one bigger and better than before in the near future. We will let everyone else have a turn first.

6 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Looks like so much fun. I am so glad you finally posted again since I thought you might be dead. Don't wait so long in between posts next time. How else am I suppose to know what is going on in your life. It's not like we talk every month.=)

Katey said...

I am so so sad I missed out on the party. I'm sure it would have been so fun to be there. I love you guys!

Nettie Martin said...

Great Food
+Great Friends
----------------
PERFECT EVENING!

Thanks for getting all the peeps together. It makes me so happy!

McKenzie said...

The taco party was pretty happenin... thanks for hosting guys!

Jill said...

I am so jealous of this post. I wished I lived on Foothill and got invited to the party....course, I would have brought 4 munchkins and the grumpy unsocial husband!!! Love you guys!!

The Burtons said...

Maybe your landlord didn't complain about your rockband noise, but we heard it down here alright! Keep it down you party animals you!!!