Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who does a Triathalon?

My WIFE!!! Now it was actually a mini triathalon (Sorry, but I was corrected by my wife's sister. It was actually an Olympic triathalon.) called the Spudman in Burley, Idaho, but it was bigger than anything I have ever done before. It consisted of a 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike ride, and a 10k run. Now Michelle has already done a marathon and two 100 mile bike rides, but swimming has never been her thing. In fact everyone was afraid she wouldn't make it past the swim, including Michelle, but I thought she would do fine. We arrived in Burley the night before just after a few days in Island Park, Idaho. After a few hours of sleep Michelle and Aubrey were up bright and early, 6:15am, to get ready for their race which started at 7:40am. I dropped them off and then prepared myself to root them on during the bike ride. After a few hours of waiting I found both Michelle and Aubrey riding their bikes.



Michelle had made it past the swim and she looked good. Both Aubrey and finished the race in good time just about ten minutes apart from each other.



I am so proud of Michelle, Aubrey, and all the other crazy people out there.

7 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Awesome job Michelle. I have always wanted to do a mini triathlon and it looks like you did a great job. I am so glad you didn't drown.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

nice work!!! i can hardly do a 5k. good for her! and good job on cheering her on, this always helps!!!

Katey said...

Michelle is amazing! Did she even train for this or did she just go out and run it? I know she likes to do those crazy kinds of things! ;)

Nettie Martin said...

Yay for Michelle (for surviving the swim)! You girls are amazing...I can't even get my butt to the gym let alone have it ready for a OLYMPIC (not mini) triathlon! And Andrew...I was a little nervous when you were videoing them while driving!

Chelsea said...

Yay Michelle and Aubrey!! One of these times I'm going to have to come up and see this for myself. You girls are amazing!

Nicole said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Tony's going to be so jealous when I tell him about this. He was training so hard to do the olympic triathlon and then suffered an injury. Right now he's cycling for the Tour de Tucson. Again, GOOD FOR YOU, MICHELLE!

The Burtons said...

Wow, that is quite the accomplishment. We have a policy in our house to only run if we are being chase by a murderer.