Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dinner, Games, and a Movie

Over the last few weeks I have been watching the Next Food Network Star. It has been an intense few weeks as the finalists have triumphed and failed over the challenges placed before them. After Sunday nights finale I decided to make a dish prepaired by Aaron during his show pitch that won it all for him. It was flank steak marinaded in a rub of various spices over a mound of collard greens topped with fried plantains with a honey glaze. After eating the tasty dish we went to go to our wards young married's FHE. When we got there no one else had shown up because of the holiday weekend, so we came back home and decided to play a game, have dessert, and watch a movie.





Now most people when they are our age play games that stimulate the mind and challenge the participants to stretch their abilities and that is exactly what we did when we played operation. Yes, you heard me right, we played operation. Although Michelle has her Nurse Practitioner Degree I gave her a run for the money and won the game. It was great. I figure maybe I will go to med school and become a surgeon, although I don't think I will charge a patient $600 to remove an ice cream cone from their head.





The night was topped of with a bowl of ice cream and Shanghai Noon, a favorite of mine from college. Anyway it turned out to be a great night. We will have to play it again.

3 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Andrew- Just put professional operation player on your PA school application and you will definitely get in to any school you want! I can't believe that you made the dish that Aaron did. Was it good? I can't believe that he won.

Katey said...

This post makes me so happy! I love that you are both such kids at heart :)

Nicole said...

You two are too much fun! Way to go Andrew! Keep sharing the kitchen fun with us. I'm going to have to try that recipe. YUM!