Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Grandma Cardon Visits

Just like when Drew was born, my mother was able to come to Utah to help us with the kids for a few days.  It is nice to have Michelle's family around to help out the first few days after the baby is born and then it is nice to have my mother come a few weeks later to help out when we need it.  to start things off we needed to get some pictures with the boys and grandma.  She bought Drew that shirt and pants so we had to show them off.





My mom then had the privilege of giving Braeden a bath in the sink.  It is so cute to watch his little body get washed.  He gets so comfortable with the warm clothes.  Drew loves baths and he couldn't pass up the opportunity to get in the tub himself.





Rachael was kind enough to be our photographer for the evening, but she started having a little too much fun taking pictures of herself in the mirror.


When my mom came to help with Drew in 2010 he was wearing this same rubber ducky outfit that Braeden has on, but it was a little bit bigger on Drew.  We wanted to make sure we got another one with her and Braeden.  It would have been even better if she was wearing the same shirt that she had with Drew.



Thursday night we decided to invite the Martin family as well as grandma and grandpa Woolley over for dinner.  We decided on an Asian theme and had chicken stir fry with rice, egg rolls, and our favorite crab wontons made from scratch.  We couldn't get enough.





We enjoy being so close to Michelle's grandparents and are glad that they are still able to come and visit every once in a while at our home.  Any time we can we try and get pictures with the kids so we make sure they will have memories of them in the future.




Since it is my birthday month we decided to use my free birthday meal at Tucanos while my mom was in town.  I think she plans these trips to coincide with mine and Michelle's birthday months because the last time she was in town it we went here for Michelle's birthday.  As usual the food was great.  Drew didn't want to be in the picture and was glad to be put on the ground so he could do one of his favorite things, push his stroller.





That same night our stake started its coed volleyball regional tournament.  It was a lot of fun and we some how won enough games by enough points to move on, but I wasn't looking forward to having to wake up early to play on Saturday morning.  Michelle hopes she can play next year.


For Saturday night dinner we decided to go Italian.  I didn't use to make meatballs, but our friends Ben and Debbie always have them with their spaghetti dinners when we come over so I decided to do the same.  I lost the recipe for the sauce and meatballs I used for my first time making them, but I found another one that came pretty close. 




Braeden just hung out watching his crazy aunt Rachael make the meatballs.  I wonder what goes through babies heads when they see all of these new and interesting things?


Drew on the other hand wanted to make some trouble.  He somehow got a hold of one of the packages of pasta and decided to dump them on the kitchen floor.  Of course he thought it was funny and it looked a lot like that pick up sticks game, but it wasn't as fun to pick up because they would break into little pieces.  Don't worry we ended up getting a new package for dinner.





On Sunday Braeden would make his first appearance in church.  Drew and Braeden looked so good in their church clothes.  I mean who can resist little kids in either ties or argyle sweaters.  People were amazed that Michelle was already returning to work, but like I have said before, she is amazing.






After church we got into our lounge clothes and sat talking and watching a movie.  Drew was practicing using a regular cup and as you can see he still has a little trouble controlling how fast he should lift his cup.  I would say he has problems, but I know plenty of adults that have the same issue.






As tradition goes we had to get a few group pictures before my mom headed off to the airport .  Braeden wasn't in a good mood at the time.  He must of just gotten woken up or something, but we managed to get a few good pictures to remember the moment.





Before walking out the door, Rachael wanted to get one more picture with my mom.  While I had the camera ready they decided they wanted to see if Rachael could give my mom a piggy back ride.  She got on her back, but it didn't last very long.




We were sad to have my mother leave, but she needed to get back to work.  We appreciated all of her help and loved having her company.  Thanks again for spending your vacation with us.

No comments: