Saturday, November 26, 2011

Andrew's 31st Birthday

As it usually happens I had another birthday and when from being just 30 to being 31.  When we woke up Michelle asked me when I wanted to open my gifts.  It sounded like she wanted me to say right then so I did.  We went down stairs and Drew helped me open up my present which was in a very lovely Winnie the Pooh bag.  Drew pulled out the full 8 DVD set of Harry Potter.  I hadn't seen the last one yet and hoped to barrow it from Michelle's mom, but hadn't gotten the chance.





My plan is to have a Harry Potter marathon and watch all of them in order within a two day period on my next week off.


Since we had set a budget for birthday gifts I wasn't expecting much else, so when Michelle told me I needed to go to the garage and then open the trunk of the car I was a little confused.



It turned out to be a 47 in flat screen.  When I first opened it I just saw part of the box and thought it was just a small flat screen and was surprised by it, but when I finally noticed that it filled up the whole back trunk and seat of the car I was really surprised.  It was the best gift and most surprising gift I had ever gotten for my birthday.



When I went to set it up I thought the box was missing a part for the base of the TV so since we were going to return it I started looking for other TV options since Michelle didn't do a lot of research before purchasing it and I  decided on a different brand which was better, bigger, and cheaper than the original.  We did discover the missing part was just hiding in some styrofoam, but it made us get a better deal.  For the rest of the day I wanted to hang out with my family.  We went out to eat together and then we went up to watch our friends perform Christmas music in Kaysville.  It was a great way to spend my birthday and start the holiday season.  Thanks Michelle, Drew, and Braeden for the great day and the wonderful gifts.

No comments: