Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Kaysville Parade and 4th of July Picnic

For the last few years, the Martins, along with other friends and relatives, have chosen the Kaysville parade as a must to celebrate the 4th of July. There are two main reasons why the parade is so popular. The first is that they throw out bucket loads of candy to the crowds.


This is Michelle’s favorite part. She get so excited and acts like this is the last candy on earth. Since I had to work, I was grateful that Nettie caught Michelle’s excitement on video.

After the floats have finished the parade route reason number two comes into play. A huge water fight explodes throughout the whole street.


People bring their own water guns, and water trucks drive down the street spraying everyone that isn’t in the dry zones. Everyone has a great time and I hope to be able to see it in person one of these years.



On the actual day of the 4th of July we had a picnic with the Martin side of the Family.


One of Michelle’s cousins, Cody, came into town with his son, Jaxson, yes the spelling is correct, and we decided to get all those who could together for a little get together.



It was another beautiful day and a wonderful way to celebrate our countries freedom. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Nettie Martin said...

I think I've watched that video 100 times now and I still laugh just as hard I was am in the video- if not harder.

Favorite Parts:
4 secs (when she jumped at the candy I threw to her)

20 secs (Her cheer leading hand clapping)

30 secs (I am not NOT sure what that was- but I bust up laughing every time I watch it)

35 secs (this was her reaction anytime someone held up a handful of candy/t-shirt/frisbee/flyer/bouncy ball. It's that death scream and gets me every time)

45 secs (the moment she realizes the man is going to throw a free shirt her way and then the first amongst the cousin as to who gets to keep it.)

Michelle- This is why I LOVE you. You make even a parade with nothing but companies advertising FUN. You should be videoed 24/7- but just don't have me do it- because my laugh is absolutely embarrassing. Thanks for the laughs Miche!