Saturday, November 14, 2009

Andrew's (Our) New Car

As many of you know, Andrew got his first car in 2004. It was a 1996 Kia Sophia that he bought from one of his friends in Arizona. It has been an amazing car but decided that we should probably get a new dependable car before the baby was born. Andrew has been so good to drive his old car without any complaints. I have only driven it a few times and every time I am praying to make it to my destination safely.

Well, on a cold, snowy November day, Andrew’s dream came true and he got a brand new Honda CRV. We had decided that we wanted a cross-over car and so Andrew had been doing a ton of research on all of the different cars. This information was placed in an excel sheet so we could compare each of the cars. After evaluating all of our options we narrowed our pick to 6 cars and decided to go and test drive each of them. My family is suckers for Hondas and so I am sure that is part of the reason why we got the CRV.


Well, this Honda CRV is not the usual basic car-it came with a lot of whistles and bells because it was the show room model. Andrew and I knew that we wanted a black car and finding a black CRV was almost impossible. Several times throughout the day, Andrew recommended that we just buy one online and wait the 2 months for it to be made. I had not been feeling well and after 2 hours of negotiating with the dealership they did what I wanted and I signed the dotted line. Andrew reminds me all of the time that I was the one that signed the dotted line. So, in the end, Andrew and I were both happy. He got the built in DVD player, navigation system, and sun roof, and I got the tinted windows and 20 inch rims. After not sleeping for 2 weeks after the purchase, I am now happy.





4 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

You and your fancy rims Michelle. How you liking them now =) JK JK. . . .glad to see that you guys are updating the blog. I'm sure there's gonna be a millions posts because your lives has changed like crazy since Oct 12th (your last post)!

Aubrey said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. I'm looking forward to more posts about more exciting family additions.

Nicole said...

I'm happy to see you guys blog again too! I really do like your new baby......but the REAL new baby would be fun to see too! WE WANT DREW....WE WANT DREW....WE WANT DREW! (hint: give the people what they want)

Emily Ferrell said...

I second Nicole's motion. We want pictures of Drew (although your care is lovely). I'm so glad to finally see a new post.