Friday, September 4, 2009

Trip to Oregon

After almost a year and a half since the last visit to Medford, OR we decided it was time to visit once again. We had the opportunity to see Brian, Jill, and the kids several times over the summer months, but there’s nothing like making the trek to the north. We arrived Friday midday at the cabin where we enjoyed a hot dog lunch while the kids played laser tag. We then got in our swim suits and played a little with all of the water toys. We then had some fish for dinner and then continued with fishing at the lake with the kids. I was the only big kid that really wanted to fish, but we caught a few small ones. The next morning we hung out, watched some movies, talked, and then had lunch. After a quick clean up we headed to the house just about 45 minutes away. We visited the farm to see the horses, pick some blackberries, and feed the bees. Sunday we had church and then dinner with Brian’s parents, but before dinner we each got a turn driving in their new Honda convertible. Jill took the girls and Brian took me. Even though it had been many years since driving a stick shift, Brian was insistent that I give it a try. I enjoyed the opportunity. For our last day Brian took me fishing on the Rogue river while the girls hung out. For my first time of real fishing I didn’t do too bad. I hooked two fish that got away, but half way through I was able to catch two more. One was pretty big and the other about half its size. Since we went fishing a little sooner than we thought I forgot sunscreen so I was a bit redder than I wanted to be. To make matters worse it was just on one side of my body. Putting the pain aside it was worth it. After a nice roast dinner at Brian’s parents we headed back to the house for our final night. Early Tuesday morning we got in the car and headed home to start work once again. Jill and Brian thanks once again for opening your home to us. We always enjoy a good visit.


Jill, Nettie, and Michelle hanging out on the dock


Nothing like a little ring around the rosie

Jill and Michelle on the kayak. Don't work too hard Michelle

We might be a little too heavy for the water tramp

One of the huge fish we caught at the lake. I mean look at the size compared to those hemostats.
Jill knows how to handle those fish.

Lizzy, Sophie, Ethan, and Andrew with the catch of the day.

Fishing at the lake

Michelle, Jill, and Nettie

Now the pro fishing. The biggest fish I have ever caught.

The second biggest fish I have ever caught.

Celebrating Sophie doing all of her reading assignments over the summer.

No comments: