Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Trip to Arizona

So I haven’t been back to Arizona since last Thanksgiving and my sisters had begun to wonder whether I liked them or not, so I decided I did like them and that I would make a visit this past week off. I drove half way right after work on Tuesday and stopped to take a rest at our friend Owen’s house, the same one who takes us river rafting, in Page, Arizona. Michelle couldn’t get Tuesday or Wednesday off so I was by myself. Since Owen didn’t get in till late that night he offered to take me on a morning Mountain Biking trip. I said yes, but was in for an adventure. Needless to say I’m not in shape like I use to be and struggled a little, but I did enjoy myself. We decided we would go hiking the next time I visited. After a quick breakfast I finished the drive. To make the trip even better both Michelle and Rachael flew in Thursday night as a surprise to the rest of the family. You should have heard Christin scream when she saw the two of them at the front door of Emily’s place. We enjoyed spending time together, since it had been almost two years since the last time we had all been together. We caught up on life, ate good food, visited with grandpa Gaisford, ate good Bahama Bucks, and just relaxed. To finish it off we took a visit to see Mita at her rest home. And all got together for one last dinner. The trip has been great and the three of us are dreading the drive back home, but once again we need to get back to reality. Why do we have to work!? We really enjoyed the visit and will be returning for Christmas in just a few months.

Andrew and Michelle with Mom and Dad Cardon

Some of the Fam

The Fam again

From oldest to youngest. Christin, Becky, Emily, Andrew, Rachael, and Scott

The Sibling pyramid
The huge, very nice house where Mita lives.

Michelle, Andrew, Emily, and Rachael visiting Mita. She looked so good.

No comments: