Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mission President's 10 Year Anniversary

I had two mission presidents while on my mission.  President Curtis and President Jensen.  President Curtis was my mission president for 18 months of my mission.  He was recently called to the first quorum of the seventy for my church and he and his wife were going to be stationed in Ghana, Africa.  Two weeks before they were to leave they would be celebrating being home from mission for 10 years.  They decided to use this as an opportunity to get some of the missionaries together again and give us a chance to say hello to each other as well as wish them luck on this new journey.

Here are Presidente and Sorella Curtis.  They look just as young as they did when we were in Italy together.  I have put on a few pounds, but other than that not much has changed.  It was great to see them and share a little bit of what has gone on the last ten years since being home.
I wish more of my companions had been able to make it, but Gardner Gee was my second companion that I had in the field when I was serving in Ancona.  I was a new missionary and he was getting ready to go home.  The two sisters below were great missionaries.  I knew the one on the left before I went on my mission.  We both sang in concert choir at BYU together and when I got my mission call she told me that she was originally called there, but then didn't end up going on her mission, but after I had left plans had changed and the first presidency gave her the same call again.  The sister on the right arrived as a new missionary when I was in my second city of Modena.  We had great success in that are because of the work of the members.

It was a great evening and I hope we can all do it again in another 10 years.  It made me miss the mission and made me want to live in Italy again or at least visit.  Thanks President Curtis for putting this together.

No comments: